Iroquoia Section -- km 6.7 to 11.8

I parked at the Cline Mountain Side Trail which is at km 7.3 and hiked back to where we ended the previous week. There is a side trail that joins the main trail at 6.7 but its a longer trail and the parking was on a busier street. This section of the trail stays below the escarpment top. Its a little rocky in sections and parts were muddy.
IMG_8862.jpgIMG_8863.jpgIMG_8899.jpg
Some trillums were still in bloom
IMG_8869.jpg
and the mushrooms have started to come back
IMG_8872.jpg
I like the colours and shapes of the mushrooms and fungus. They are fun to take photos of but I never pick any. I borrowed a book from the library last year and very similar looking mushrooms are benign, tasty and deadly poisonous. Photos are much safer.
This tree piece looks like its a transplant from the west coast...
IMG_8889.jpg
That's my walking stick leaning against it in front of the knot.
This is the back of my jeans when I stopped for lunch at km 11.8. After eating, I turned around and retraced my steps to the car so the jeans were a little worse by the end
IMG_8897.jpg
While I was changing out of the hiking boots at the end of the hike, this bumble bee came to check out the dandelions
IMG_8933.jpg
Most of the bees I've seen this spring on nice big ones like this one.

Comments