November Goal Completed: Christmas A-Z

My goal for November for Patty's One Monthly Goal was to finish the applique for T,U,V,XYZ and W would be a bonus.  Today I finished W as well and started doing some of the embroidery needed to complete the blocks.  Somehow there was one more stitching Monday that I expected so more got done. 

This is the collection of blocks as of this evening.  Applique is completed. 







This afternoon, I started adding the embroidery to the remaining blocks.  I had completed up to J so started with Kris Kringle. 
Before

After.  Not a lot on this one but I do like the little bits

Add the electric cord as chain stitch rather than tiny bias

This also got chain stitch rather than tiny bias
There are 11 blocks left to add embroidery to.  W doesn't get any but I'm not happy with the contrast between the Dove and the background so I'll probably add a small outline stitch to the dove to help it.  The oldest reference I can find to this project is January 2013 but at that point I already had five blocks appliqued so I'm not sure when I started it.  My project spreadsheet says Oct 2008 so this may be a very old project that is now coming along very well.   I'm looking forward to being able to trim and assemble the blocks. 

Comments

  1. Love this. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.