Appliqué progress

The fabric had dried so yesterday afternoon, I set the light box and traced the pattern for the Birth Month block.  With the way the pattern is printed, it was easier to work with the block upside down to me so that I didn't have to reach over the legend and notes.  



One of the suggestions was to mark the edge that doesnt turn under so that the line would show through.  Unfortunately, the colours were too dark so while the pattern was on the light box, I put the bits onto the pattern and used a white marking pen to the line for the overlap.  Then stacked all the pieces up.  


All ready for the next pieces to be pinned into place.  

Today at Monday sewing, I focused on the Christmas A-Z blocks.  I finished the applique for V is for Vixen and started on the Zeds in Bed for the XYZ block.  Yesterday I also finished tracing the W for Wreath block so its ready for prepping.  


At the rate I'm going, I think the applique for Christmas A-Z will be done this month.  Then next month I can focus on the embroidery and lettering. I'm starting to think this will be a completed top by the end of the year.  I'll putter on the December block over the next little bit.  I need to take a look at my 2017 priority list.  Things are getting completed on that list.  I'll have to see where I am on it and whether 2020 will need me to make a new list of priority projects.  

Comments