Guild workshop with Kathy K Wylie

Yesterday I went to the guild workshop with Kathy K Wylie.  We each worked on a flower from her Birth Flowers collection.  We each picked which month we wanted to work on.  I'm working on December.  While the instructions are written to start at piece 1 which is on the outer wreath in my case, for the class all focused on the center flower.  My centre will be a red poinsettia I haven't decided if the other four will be yellow or pink or a combination.  Probably two of each.


Several years ago I purchased the apliquick tools she uses and recommends but hadn't done much with them.  It was good to watch her use them during the demo then practice on the centre flower.  All the pieces are prepared.  I started to stitch the centre blossom.  In looking at it afterwards I wasn't really happy with the tracing so this morning I spritzed the block and removed the markings.  I'll re-trace and keep on working on this block. 




If the block dries in time, I'll retrace it this afternoon and start putting the prepared centre pieces on.  If not, I'll work on the next of my Christmas A-Z blocks.  I have V for Vixen ready to stitch and finally finished tracing W is for Wreath.  There are a lot of holly leaves for the wreath.

Linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching

Comments

  1. You have some pretty stitching to enjoy. The birth projects looks lovely. I have read about the apliquick tools; do they make applique easier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are to make the prep easier as you glue the seam allowance to an interfacing that is ironed on the back of the piece. I feel a bit clumsy doing it but I've only used the tools two or three times. Watching Kathy, she looked quite comfortable and was able to turn a tiny holly berry into a beautiful circle very quickly. I think it will be practice makes perfect. The one thing she pointed out is that with the tools (and she used tweezers as well to move the pieces around), her hands never touch the wet glue

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.