September quilting goal review

I started working on the applique but didn't get as many done as I thought I might.  Four are completely done and three are partially done.  I'm finding that I can't stitch as much of the blossoms as I thought when the quilt top is not assembled.  But I think I'll continue stitching what I can.  

The stain glass quilt did go to the longarm studio with me this month and I did free motion in the pale blue areas representing the sky.  This is Sallie Biggs Pate's Stain Glass Garden quilt.  It was a block of the month in 1999/2000.  When I washed the top to remove the glue, some of the fabrics popped out of the leading and there it sat for many years.  Eventually I did a bit of zigzag over the exposed edges.  The binding went on last weekend and I was pleased to get it finished during Monday sewing.  

In June I posted pictures of the new murals along the trail where I walk.  Recently I noticed a sign had been added.  The murals are the work of a local high school  - Father Michael Goetz Secondary School and the city.  



Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on getting the stained glass quilt done, sounds like quite the journey, it sure is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.