September Quilting Goals

 The main goal this month is going to be stitching the blossoms on my Moondance quilt.  I don't think I'll get them all stitched down but I think I could get 20 of them done.  So that will be my goal.  I was able to stitch one full one during Monday Zoom Sewing this week and most of one during a Thursday afternoon zoom sewing session.  I'll have to get some set up for other zoom calls so I have hand work to amuse me along with the conversations.



Here are the first two.  I traced the layout sheet onto tracing paper to help position leaves and petals.  I usually eye ball it but decided that I didn't want to have to redo the centres so will take a few minutes to use the tracing paper to get the rough positions.

I also have an appointment to go back to the Longarm Studio and do some quilting.  Before Covid and breaking my wrist (dec 2019), I had taken my stain glass quilt to the studio and started quilting it.  All the black leading is quilted and I wanted to do some freemotion quilting in the backgrounds but was too tired that day to make more decisions.  I had planned to go back the next month to quilt it but put it off as the week was very full getting ready to leave for a one week trip.  Then the broken wrist put off the revised date followed by shutdowns.  The poor thing has been sitting partially quilted for almost two years now.  I'm leaning towards taking it with me and getting it done.  


Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal  Do you have quilting goals for this month?

Comments