May Progress

 I did get the centre assembled for the Longtime Gone quilt and I have a plan for the borders although they are not all on yet.  I've added a white border around the top and have added a thin blue border to the top and bottom.  The thin border is ready to be pressed and trimmed for the sides.  Then I'll add a slightly wider white border and another blue border.  Its inspired by a red and white version of the quilt I saw on Quiltmekiwi's blog.  It looks like the maker has done mitered borders but I'm doing square borders.  I'm looking forward to getting the borders on.  The final class is on June 19th so there should be lots of time to sew the final borders.


I also made really good progress on this old UFO.  Its Moondance from Applewood Farms.  The blocks are all made.  I need to prep some applique and cut the missing squares.  I've run out of the black tone on tones I was using for the background and have some ordered.  I'll hope to be able to pick it up on the weekend.  I also hope its black and not grey for the tone on tone part.  Its really hard to tell on the monitor.  I have some tone on tones but they have too much grey in them and stick out too much so I'm hoping I did actually get black on black.  If not, it will have to wait until the stores open I can go in person to choose the fabric.  All going well that will be in a couple of weeks.


This month, I also got a package from Cherrywood with my finalist ribbon.  It sat clearing customs for three weeks which I guess isn't too bad for the times.  


The PJs got delivered but I don't have more to make.  That sewing is on hold for the moment.  I did figure out why I was having problems with the stitching -- something fell against the large cone of thread and stopped it from turning.  The cone and stand are now in an old plastic container so nothing can fall against it.  When we can eventually get back together for sewing, I really need to get better instructions for the placement of the buttonholes.  I ended up leaving them for someone else to do as I wasn't positive about the placement and didn't want to mess up the tops.

All in all, lots of progress this month.  Linking up with Pattys One Monthly Goal


Comments

  1. Very pretty quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.