May Goals

 My Longtime Gone class is coming to a close.  There are two more sessions.  In May we talk about borders and in June is the reveal.  For the May class, I need to have the top assembled.  For my goal for this month I'd like to have a plan for the borders at a minimum.  Ideally, I'll have the top completed.

Over the weekend I finished piecing the checkerboards and cutting sashings.  After looking at the top, I decided I really didn't like the half log cabin blocks so I replaced two of them with a blend from white to blue


I like the lighter ones but didn't like the blend with the darker ones so made two more then sewed all the sashings into place for sections 5 and 6


Today during Monday sewing, I'll assemble sections 5 and 6 and sew the two halves together.  Then I'll be ready for class on the 15th.  

There's a couple of other projects I want to progress this month -- the applique on Love Entwined and I need to deliver the PJs and pick up some more.  I need to play with the button hole attachment first and see if I can figure out what is causing the thread to break part way through every other hole.  I have an idea.  Its a good thing I haven't been making them on the PJs as I hate ripping out partial button holes.  If I can consistently get the holes made on scraps, I can make the holes rather than pass them on to someone else.  I also want to pick the next UFO to work on.  I have a couple on my list and need to decide what is up next.  

Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal for May.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.