Fantastic Fusion Workshop

One of the good things about having guild meetings via zoom, instead of meeting in person, is  having speakers from anywhere.  In October, our speaker was Lisa Walton from Australia.  After the meeting, there was enough interest, that our Workshop coordinator arranged for us to do her Fantastic Fusion workshop via zoom.  Two Thursday evenings this month we had a zoom workshop with Lisa.  The piece is a very abstract piece.  After the first evening, I had three or four "blocks" made.  Over the course of the week, more fabric got prepared and I made some more blocks and during the second workshop, I started playing around with the layout.  




By the end of workshop, this is where I had reached.  There is still not fused into a top but I think it will get fused in the new year.  


 My intention at the beginning of the workshop was to use this a background for a project I want to make.  I'm not sure if this will be the background or whether I'll quilt it as an abstract piece.  

Lisa used some of the videos from her online class to help show us things but for some of them she'd paused the video and described things.  She had a good setup to demo things for us.  She used the spotlight function of zoom to focus on a student when we had something to show her.  It was really a fun process and I enjoyed the class.  

I did miss the interaction and ease of looking at what others were working on but I did enjoy turning off the computer and walking up the stairs at the end of class rather than loading the car and driving home.  It was also nice when I needed a fabric I hadn't put out and could just walk across to the correct shelf and grab it.  

I have my eye on a couple of more classes.  The other ones I've done up until now, have been lecture style.  

Comments