December Goals

 One last One Monthly Goal for the year.  

I started a monthly class to make Long Time Gone.  The next class is on Dec 12 and I still need to make my blocks.  4 Half log cabins and 3 half square triangle blocks.  My quilt is a scrappy Blue and White.  I spent today's Monday Sewing zoom call cutting out all the logs and all the squares necessary for the blocks.  Last night I went through the white scrap box and pulled hunks that I thought would work plus a bit of yardage that was a possibility.  I had a stack of blue fq so set those out as well.  It took most of the three hours but the cutting is done so now I can start sewing.


pulling whites

Fabrics pulled

Log cabins cut

Ready for HST


I had planned to include finishing my Barbados Bag as a goal for this month, but that actually happened yesterday.  I took a virtual class through Thimbles and Things in Orillia and it was really useful.  The teacher had lots of great hints and tips and I'm thrilled with how the bag turned out.  





I'll probably putter at a couple of other things.  Most of them will be bonuses.  The Cherrywood Challenge needs its facing and photos but not until I get all the threads tied in.  Thread tieing should happen tomorrow.  

This is a card that came in the mail this week.  The hats had the names of the three people that sent it on them.  It made me smile.  It certainly sums up a lot of this year.

Comments

  1. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.