July OMG: Common Bride again

I'm making good progress on this quilt and I'd like to continue.  There is more applique to do on the triangle blocks I put together last month.  When I looked at the first few blocks I pressed,  I've miss positioned the big leaves.  I need to assess how many blocks have a mis-placed leaf and whether I'll move the leaves or leave them.  The two large lower leaves should have the stem pointed down more to make room for a medium sized leaf that overlaps the seam.  If all the blocks have the problem, The medium leaf won't make it on the block.  A third small leaf goes near the top covering the end of a missing stem. 


The little leaf is similar to the small green one and batik on at the top of each triangle. 

I have an appointment to go quilt a top later this month so I'm making progress on my goal of getting some tops finished. 

My goal this month is to assess whether I'm ripping and re-positioning the big leaves or going ahead and starting to add the additional applique.  Either way I'd like to get 4 blocks finished at a minimum.  If its very hot and humid, I'll get more done as its coolest in the basement where my sewing room is. 

Linking up with Patty's One Monthly goal. 

Comments

  1. it looks pretty to me I think I would probably leave some off and not unpick anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 blocks is a good goal. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.