Catching up - Fracture's Quilt.

Back in April, my stretch goal was to complete the top Patti Carey had donated to our community outreach program.  It didn't get done and sat all summer waiting for me to get to it.  There wasn't much sewing this summer especially after a lot of things got stored downstairs for a few months. 

In September, I went to a Sit 'n Sew at Elaine's with a plan to complete this top and then work on another project.  Its good to dream.  Even with the prep work done, I took three full sewing days to insert the strips and a few hours the fourth day to prepare the binding.  The two panels were already stitched together, the border added and the lines drawn on the back. 



 I stitched colour pieces and black pieces together, measured the line and inserted the pair into the top.  It was fun to make. 
I'd like to try this again with a floral in the background.  Elaine took the top, added some of the Northcott fabrics from the same collection as a backing and quilted and bound it.  Its now ready to hand in at guild next month.  She has photos of the completed quilt in her blog post.



Comments