2018 Goals Review


Last year, I posted goals as part of Yvonne at Quilting Jet Girl’s planning party.  The year didn’t go quite as I planned but that's OK.

Quilting:

1.  The Motivation Monday worked well when I used it early in the year.  I wanted to make progress on Common Bride.  The star blocks are done and the centre assembled.  I thought I had a photo up on the wall with all the applique done but I cannot find it.  The stars still need to be added to the centre.  I’ve done some prep work for the next round.  I looked at several other quilts but there wasn’t a lot of sewing after the first few months.


2.  I only got out to use the long arm machine once this year but did get two tops quilted. 

Photography:

1.  Learn Photoshop.  This still didn’t happen.  I’m beginning to wonder if this is something I really want to do.  I’ll probably leave it on the list and try one more time.

2.  Tidy up Lightroom.  This is still a work in progress.  It’s a good thing that you can get a long way when you take enough baby steps. 

Walking and Hiking

1.  Continue walking next year.  Although I said I would be OK missing a day or two here and there, I did walk atleast 10K steps every day this year.  I’m now up to two years and three weeks of making my step goal.

2.  We've been working our way along the Bruce Trail.  I'd like to get past the halfway point next year.  We are close.  I think its about 60 km to go.  We need to plan what hikes we will do next year and if we are doing a week of walking.  Its getting difficult to drive up to where we've reached, hike all day and head home. – We actually did pass the half way mark this year.  We ended up with several weekend hikes – drove up Friday evening, hiked Saturday and Sunday and headed home Sunday evening.  We have now completed 7 of the 9 sections and are part way through the 8th section.  About 180 miles to go. 

Comments