A use for Copyright Dates -- Weaver Fever Finished

A long time ago, as all good stories begin, I took a Friday night class out at Hobby Horse taught by Elaine.  During the evening I got all the strip sets completed and may have started a block.  Or maybe the first block was early the next morning so I could bring it to a $10 quilt class. 

In 2008, according to some old emails, I finished assembling the top but didn't remember when I started it.  This weekend I finished quilting the quilt and its bound, labelled and has a sleeve but I still didn't know the starting date.

The focus fabric has a copyright date in the selvedge
 which tells me that the class had to be somewhere between 2002 and 2008.  Mom did $10 quilt classes with me from 2004 on so it had to be between 2002 and 2004.  I woke up during the night and remembered backup email files on the old computer so this morning I fired up the old computer, loaded the old emails and calendar and it appears the class was Oct 2003 which lines up with my memory of events. 

It took a long time to decide how to quilt this quilt.  Its Jackie Robinsons Weaver Fever.  I eventually cut strips of paper the length and width of each of the woven ribbons and practised drawing quilting designs until I found one I liked.  That one got practised several more times although I neglected to stop Friday night to practise turning in the other direction so some of the border turns aren't as clean as they could be.

So now the outstanding list of things to finish goes from 47 to 46.  Wonder if I should tell Karen & Dad that I have two more that I'm going to start.  Karen's thinks I shouldn't start anything new until this list is complete.


  1. What a beautiful quilt!! It has such great dimension. And quilting is just perfect!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Filling baskets and flower making

Bruce Trail -- Black Creek Side Trail Limehouse Conservation Area

Leaves and branches done