Q3 Check In

 Yvonne at QuiltingJetGirl has a check in for our progress on Q3 and plans for the rest of the year.  

Q3 has been a mixture of coping with personal changes and trying to pick things back up again.  Q4 has the potential for more normalcy but also more changes. I think I should have more quilting time in the last quarter.

Quilting

This year I want to finish quilt tops for 

1. Butterfly quilt - no change this quarter.  In November I hope to be able to review what is done and figure out whether I've missed cutting some pieces, cut them incorrectly or what is going on.

2. Labyrinth - Done Q1

3. Rainbow Quilt - I did get some piecing done on this.  The top third is into 3 large blocks.  The remainder is sewn into 4 patches or into 4 X 8 patches.  I think that will get assembled in October.



4. Love Entwined applique (centre block only) - no progress.  I want to prep some pieces so I can work on it in the evenings when I sit down to relax rather than flip from app to app on the ipad.  

Cherrywood challenge quilt - I'll be reviewing this in October and November.  I'd like to finish it in October, but suspect it will require more work than I have time for. I saw the new challenge kit and am trying to think of an idea for a piece based on poppies.  

Photography

Lightroom cleanup continues. I'm still part way through 2015 - reviewing photos from a big trip There's 5.5 months of photos left to clean up.  I've been trying to keep this years photos tidied as I go.  I'm a bit behind but that too will get dealt with.

Digital Art.  

I've fallen off the creation of 3 pieces every day over the last quarter.  It was very useful and part of me misses it so I will pick it back up again at some point.  I have created some pieces I'm very pleased with.  One piece was inspired in part by a small quilt I made in 2006 for a Fabled Fibres exhibit based on the Aesop Fable Who will Bell the Cat?.  It was fun to revisit the same idea in a different media.


The three pieces I submitted to Arts on the Credit online show Art Squared tied for second place which was a wonderful surprise.  The video of the online opening reception is here


I've also had a piece displayed at the Headwaters Fall Festival art show at Alton Mills.  The same piece will be in the 2024 Art a la Carte exhibit at the Ontario Legislature in the In Camera Dining room. 


 

Probably the biggest event with the digital art over the summer was being accepted into the online gallery at Artterra  I have four pieces for sale through their website




I have a couple of pieces submitted to call for entries and am waiting to hear if they are accepted.  Looking forward to that.  


Comments

  1. I hope that all is well and life is settling for you. May you find joy and ease as you express yourself creatively in Q4!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.