Catching Up

 My sister says I'm falling down on the job.  I've had create blog post on my todo list for ages.  Not sure why it hasn't gotten written.  

I was thrilled with the results of the Form, Faces and Spaces Show.  Both my pieces sold!  My first two sales.  I'm over the moon.  Elaine bought Growth and blogged about it here.  My description of the Growth  piece is here.  The other piece (Rooted) was sold the day of the opening.  As my sister and I were about to leave the show, the organizer said she was writing up the receipt and was about to put a sold sign on the piece so we stayed to see that. We stopped at Demetre's for a very decadent ice cream sunday on the way home.  

Pointing at the sold dot!  Rooted

Top picture is Growth.  

This is my Cherrywood Challenge Piece complete with rulers to show that it is the correct size for the challenge.



Detail 1

Detail 2

Unfortunately it was not selected as a finalist.  Looking now, there's a few small things I'd change but overall I was really pleased with it.  In addition to Create (which is trapunto'd), there are additional words quilted into the background - Dream, Explore, Play, Learn and Enjoy.  The tiny squares on Create are cut out with fusible on the back.  I had to use tweezers to place them on their black backgrounds then fuse that to the letters.  A bit of quilting helps hold them in place.  I may go back and add a few highlights to Create.  I haven't decided yet.


Comments