March Quilting Goals

 March Already?!?!  Going fast.  

After sitting and languishing for more than 20 years in a box, my Winter Lace quilt leaped forward tremendously in February.  All the blocks and the components for the pieced border are made.  So my goal this month is to assemble both quilts and make their bindings.  Then I will be able to release all the fabric to the stash.  There is a lot of left over fabric I think

16 of 20 blocks for one quilt

All the blocks for second quilt and the remaining ones for the first

Border components

I am really looking forward to seeing these two tops completed.  

I have another appointment to quilt at the longarm studio so I'll finish the abstraction quilt then.  I don't think it will take my whole time, so I'll look to see what smaller project I might be able to do as well.  

Love Entwined needs more applique pieces prepared.  I have two little circles to stitch then I need more prepped pieces.  So I've traced all the leaves and hearts and prepared them.  The other shapes are all traced onto freezer paper.  I'll start building some of those units as the leaves and hearts get stitched down.  Some of the flower shapes have a circle in the centre or other shape on top and I think I'll stitch the upper layers onto the scraps then cut the lower shape out.  It means less material to juggle as I stitch when I do that.  

Top so far.  Vase 2 is underway

Detail with a Canadian dime for comparison 

I've started to cut yellow and gold squares for the triple four patch blocks.  I need to more cutting but there are some cut to start with.  I also cut enough of the aqua to finish the half block that I have in progress.  No point in leaving it orphaned.  These little units are handy as ender and leaders as I stitch away at the Winter Lace Quilt.  

Linking up with Patty's Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal March Link-up

Comments