March Quilting Goals Review

 What a productive month quiltwise!

My Winterlace quilt tops are done and the bindings are made!  The pattern is from Quiltmaker Nov/Dec 1995.  I received the magazine just before the Creative Sewing Festival that October and purchase the material then.  Its a two colour quilt and I planned two quilts in opposite colours.  For many reasons, but mainly that I forgot to resize the blocks to make the quilts more appropriate for twin beds, the quilts have languished in a box, partially cut out.  It took about 6 weeks to complete both of them.  I've left off a couple of borders to make them fit the twin beds a bit better but they will have very generous overhangs and a pillow tuck. So here they are.  I've prepared the blue print binding for the first one and white binding for the second to match the outer edge of the quilt.  Now to find backing and add them to the line of things to quilt!




It turned out I had more yellow and gold scraps than I thought I did -- and once again when I went to stitch the second four patch to the largest square, I was short one four patch so that got made so I didn't have an orphaned four patch block.  So far I've ended up with 11 of each of the colours.  Looking forward to seeing this one grow.  May need to put it up on the design wall and start thinking of arrangements although there are still several months to go.


Love Entwined moved along really well!  All of the applique and embroidery for Vase 2 is complete. The circles range from about 1/4 to 1/2 inch and are all needle turned.  This is making more progress than I thought it would this year.  After several years of saying I wanted to complete this centre, I said completing vase 1 and 2 would be a good goal for this year and that finishing the other 2 would be nice.  Guess I might make nice


The abstraction quilt did get quilted this month but I haven't finished tying in all the threads in the centre part.  I quilted circles, a swirl in the centres and some ribbons in some of the bigger circles to help secure things.  Once the threads are tied in and the binding on, I'll try to get a better picture.




While no sewing started for my Cherrywood Challenge quilt (boo), I did have an AH HA moment and think the design is now clearer in my mind.  A bit more sketching today and sewing can begin.

Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal and SoScrappy's Rainbow Challenge


Comments