Red rainbow scraps

After several years of watching people make Rainbow Scrap quilts, I decided to join in this year.  A friend had shown a couple of quilts she made with triple four patches which I really liked.  So I dug into the white and red scrap boxes.  There are 13 completed blocks and one smaller 4 patch square.  The 13th didn't fit on the cutting mat when I laid them out.  

A lot of this actually did come from the scrap boxes.  A few of the larger red squares came from the red shelf although mostly from pieces that had already been used.  They started as an ender and leader as I was stitching my Panel One Block Wonder.  This evening, I sat down and completed the blocks.  I may cut the extra little squares to finish up the block with one corner made.

Linking up with Scrap Happy's Rainbow Saturday 

Comments

  1. Lovely red blocks. The white line of squares shows up so well against the deep red fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your block collection grow over the course of this year. These RED blocks are gorgeous! The Triple 4-Patch has been on my To Make List for years and years. Now that you've brought it to the front of my mind, I'm going to have to remember that I have ENOUGH projects on the go (without starting one more!) Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great blocks!!! that will create an interesting pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting block, it looks like the white is laying on top but then that could be my cataracts lol! Besutiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.