December Monthly Goal Review

 Well, that was very successful.

First up was adding the borders to the Christmas ABC quilt.  The top was finished in late 2019 or early 2020.  I remembering looking for a border print as I drove to the guild retreat in February of 2020 but didn't see anything I liked.  Then the shutdown happened.  I finally took the quilt top to a store in this past summer and found a striped print I liked.  So now, I have the borders on, the binding made and the label started.  It needs a backing and can join the line to go out to be quilted.  Since it is a stripe, I did do a bias binding.  I like the roll the bias gives a stripe binding.


My sister asked for a Barbados Bag for Christmas but she wanted it a wider than the one I made for myself.  I had originally planned to make a new one for me at the same time but then decided I'd be better focusing on one bag at a time.  Just as well.  When she came over one weekend, I had her pull some fabrics she liked from the stash.  She ended up pulling 5 or 6 that she liked as the focus fabric and said to pick what I liked to go with whichever one I used.  I ended up making the purse about 4 inches wider.  Part of the extra width went into the changing the depth of the purse.  I do want to make another one for myself.  I'm not sure if I'll get to it in January or if it will wait until February.  I'll see how the month goes.

Original Barbados bag (front) and Christmas present (behind)

Newer purse


Moondance is coming along well.  All of the appliques in the sections is no finished.  The top row shown on the design wall is actually sewn into a single piece -- so I knew how long to make the row that goes above it and to start marking that extra row as to the spacing.  I have the first layer of the appliques pinned to the pillow top row and have started to stitch some of the leaves.  In the body of the quilt, its stitched into 4 patches and the appliques completed over those seams.  This is moving along nicely.  


Finally I went out to Whirls and Swirls and quilted the Sesquicentennial quilt which was the guilds Block of the Month in 2015/6 with the idea that we would have completed quilts for the 2017 celebrations.  Mine ended up on the projects table in the basement until earlier this year.  I had originally considered custom quilting it but decided it was busy enough that I wouldn't see much in the way of custom.  I had thought of falling maple leaves but the pattern available was way too big for the size of my pieces.  I also spotted the snowflakes when I was looking through the bin of pantograms and decided, Its Canada, there should be snow and used the snowflakes.  If you look carefully, one snowflake landed on the H of the Oh and another landed right at the end of the word Canada.  This is now bound and has been snuggled under over the Christmas holidays.  



Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal.

Comments

  1. Love the abc quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.