April Goal Progress

 My goal for the month was to complete the Guild 2015/6 BOM quilt.  It is now a completed top.  :)  I replaced the original north wind blocks with the darker blue background as the original row stuck out too much.  One of the Inuksuk blocks does have a mask to represent the current conditions when the block was made.  Once things start to open again, I'll go to the long arm studio to quilt it.

The long time gone quilt (pattern by Jen Kingwell) is progressing really well.  For our April homework we are to make the triangle blocks and the UK cross blocks and assemble the top.  The May class will be a border discussion and the June class a reveal.  I'm enjoying putting this together.  The first picture is all the blocks up on the design wall.  I did move one or two blocks around to try and balance it a bit more colourwise.  I think I'm going to end up remaking the quarter log cabin blocks as they are too dark in comparison to the rest of the quilt.


I've started to assemble the quilt.  The long part is making the checkboard pieces for each section.  I think I should have been making those as we were going along.  I think I calculate I need about 200 more 1.5 squares to finish the checkboards required for the remaining sections.  


I also got the pieces prepped for my Love Entwined applique.  The first layer of pieces are pinned in place ready to be stitched.  This will become my zoom meeting and tv watching project over the next several weeks.  

Its been a really good month.  Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal  Check out what others have completed this month!

Comments

  1. Lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.