April 2021 Goals

This months assignment for Long time gone was to make the square in a square star and 16 pineapple blocks.  That is completed - class is still 10 days away :)  I don't like paper piecing and don't have a pineapple ruler although I had offers of loans.  I did a little goggling and found a blog post with instructions on how to use a regular ruler to make the blocks.  The first 2 turned out too big.  I spent a zoom meeting ripping out back to where I thought the mistake was.  When I re-sewed them, they turned out too small but I was pretty sure where I'd gone wrong.  So I started a new one with some notes and that one turned out the correct size.  Then I made two more and took even more notes on the measurements.  They both turned out the correct size so the last 13 got chain pieced.  The notes were helpful.

8 of 16 pineapples

First 3 pineapples ready for corners and the square in a square star.  

My goal for this month is going to be to make the two missing blocks for this quilt -- the guilds 2016/7 BOM.  I finished replacing the side row while adding the corners to the pineapples.  I need to put the long time gone blocks up on the design wall to confirm I want to follow the designers layout and chose the sashing stripes for each section but I don't want to take this one down again until the top is assembled.  I'll make one more Inuksuk and another pair of leaves block. Then I can start assembling.


There are a few other projects to work on but I really want this done.  Additionally I have some pajamas to complete.

 Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal


Comments