March Goals

 Lots of good intentions for March but not a lot of progress.  I was side tracked by other things.

The blocks for the Longtime Gone quilt did get completed


I'm having fun with this quilt.  

When I traced the shapes and cut them for the applique on Love Entwined, I made a fundamental applique error.  I neglected to number the pattern and the tracings.  So I spent all of one Monday Sewing Session sorting the pieces out and numbering.  In the end I couldn't find a couple of pieces or figure out were a couple went so I tossed them and traced the missing ones.  Everything is numbered now and I did get a few pieces prepped and pinned in place but I still have a bunch more to prep.  Baby Steps.   I can get a long way with baby steps.

The guild BOM went back on the design wall in the layout for the smaller of the two options.  The more I look at it, the more I don't like the row of northwind blocks down the left side.  They are now on their way to the orphan block box and I have cutout replacement pieces to make the blocks again with a blue/green background.  

Last week Cherrywood announced the winners for the Diana Challenge.  It was a fun presentation.  Congratulations to the winners.  I'm really pleased mine is one of the pieces chosen to travel.  I'm looking forward to seeing where the show will travel to and if it will be possible for me to go visit my piece in the show.  My quilt is a response to a quote by Diana “Life is just a journey”.  The Labyrinth is a journey to the centre and back. The flowers are stylized Tudor Roses inspired by the roses used to mark the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Walk.  She had a remarkable journey.  The piece is hand appliqued and machine quilted.  



So what did I get sidetracked with?  Before COVID, I went into Sickkids once a week to sew with a group of ladies.  The things we made were sold in the hospital gift shop and the proceeds helped with the women's auxiliary projects.  At the end of February, I got a bag with pieces for 5 pj sets and so spent a several sewing sessions putting them together.  Someone else volunteered to do buttonholes and buttons so I dropped the pjs off to our coordinator the other week and picked up a bag with 3 sets.  Its nice to get back working on these.  Its a bit of normal even if its done at home instead of at the hospital with the ladies.

I've also been learning more photoshop and how to create artwork using photoshop.  Learning photoshop has been an ongoing goal for several years and the artwork is something I tried a few years ago, realized I needed to learn more of the fundamentals and returned to the courses last spring.   



I'm slowly getting a routine together that lets me spend sometime playing on the computer and sometime playing with my quilting and enjoying both of them.

linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal

Comments