The year so far (goals review)

Yvonne has a mid year review link up this month.  My wrist healed well and I've been back quilting since the end of February / early March although it was limited at first.  

Quilting:

1.  Clean and organize quilt room (and office since they are in the same area).
Despite staying at home for the last several months, its still not as organized as I would like.  Parts are tidied and parts are still a mess.  Some things need to be taken up to the recycling station now that its open and that will help the cleanup.  I did move part of the office to another area of the house which will free up a bit of room and may result in a bigger reorganization.

2.  I'm going to continue with the Motivation Monday ideas.  I'm still working on the list I created for 2017.  The goal at the time was to move things forward.  I think that will still be the goal for some things as they are quite large.  The list still includes
  • Canada BOM from Guild 2015/16
  • Stainglass Manger - finish quilting and bind - DONE
  • ABC Applique - finish - Needs borders.  I looked for fabric before the shutdown but didn't find anything I like.  I'll take this shopping in the fall.
  • Common Bride - quilting decision
  • Love Entwined - finish centre and quilt.  
  • Winter Wallhanging
Since this list is getting shorter, I'll add a couple of things to it

  •  Jacobean Applique Quilt - Finish applique
  • Film Strip quilts  - Decide on additional border and complete

3.  I'll also look at the list of tops waiting to be quilted and get those scheduled to be done.  Come late February or March I'll schedule to go complete the stain glass quilt and start scheduling monthly visits again - Just as I was ready to schedule an appointment, the shutdown happened including the quilt studio so this is on hold.  I have quilted some small pieces at home on my domestic machine so they aren't languishing.  The studio is reopened so I'll make some appointments over the fall and see if I can clear a few of the tops.

4.  Complete at least 2 of the 3 challenges I have kits for  The first is due the beginning of February and whether I can make the top is up in the air.  I'll see how the wrist mends and what I can do. - The February due date didn't happen but the Trend tex challenge was submitted.  The third one is my Cherrywood challenge.  It was making good progress then they announced an extension of the date.  I need to go make its centre, decide if I'm changing the corners and get it finished.

I finished the piece I started in the workshop in December with Jane Sassaman and have completed 2 additional pieces in a series based on that piece and her workshop.  Another piece is waiting to be quilted and I'm figuring out the design for a final piece.  I signed up for Katie Pasquini Masopust's working in a series class which has been helpful to get these pieces done.

Photography:

1.  Learn Photoshop.  Continue this.  I want to be comfortable using the Lightroom develop module and able to do more detailed edits in photoshop itself.  -  I'm continuing to watch videos and play and its beginning to make a bit more sense.  There are things I remember watching that I thrash around but eventually make happen.  Continuing to progress so I'm happy.  This was useful in auditioning backgrounds for the series of quilts I'm working on as I played with selections to remove one background then added a photo of an alternate background in its place rather than move lots of elements across lots of backgrounds.  In the end I only had to move them across one or two choices.

2.  Tidy up Lightroom.  This is still a work in progress.  It's a good thing that you can get a long way when you take enough baby steps. - Making good progress here.  I started the year with over 64.5% of my photos still to be reviewed.  Today, there are 45.5% left to be reviewed.  Almost all the pictures taken on the big camera this year have been properly sorted and labeled.  The phone photos are a different story but at least they are now syncing properly into my library.

I also opened an adobe stock account and have put some photos up for sale in the stock library.  No downloads yet but at least I made the first attempt.

Daily

1.  Continue walking next year.  As soon as I can get back to 10k steps daily The swimming will also continue. Walking has been really good over the last several months and I'm well over my 10K steps a day.  Swimming came to a halt in March.  I'm looking forward to returning when they allow it again.

2.  There are about 130 miles left to complete the Bruce Trail.  We haven't talked about whether we'll do another week of hiking or just weekends.  I'd like to finish section 8 and start 9 this year.  I don't know if we'll get to the end in 2020 or if it will be the next year This will wait until next year.  With the closures we haven't gotten hiking.  Hoping we can get a few hikes in on sections closer to home.

3.  Practice.  The baritone and I are doing better.  I was more consistent in practicing in 2019 and need to get even more consistent 2020.  This hasn't happened yet.  It starts then stops then starts and stops again.  Will try again in the fall.  

Comments

  1. I am glad that your wrist healed well and that you are back to making good sewing progress. I hope that however 2020 rounds out for you, that you enjoy the projects you work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are making great progress on your quilt tops, exercise, and music. Lilo Bowman has a fabulous new Love Your Creative Spaces book out: It is packed with great studio set up/organization tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.