2019 goals review and 2020 Goals

Yvonne is hosting a planning party again. Before I look at next year I want to look at this year.  


Quilting:

1.  Clean and organize quilt room (and office since they are in the same area).  Its gotten so messy, I've no desire to go down there and work on my quilting or anything else for that matter.  This is a recurring theme.  I got part of it tidy up but if you looked today it would be hard to tell.

2.  I'm going to continue with the Motivation Monday ideas.  I'm still working on the list I created for 2017.  The goal at the time was to move things forward.  I think that will still be the goal for some things as they are quite large.  The list still includes
  • Canada BOM from Guild 2015/16 no change.  
  • Stainglass Manger - Quilt and bind. Started quilting
  • ABC Applique. Centre done and ready for borders.  Need to look for an appropriate fabric. 
  • One Block Wonder - Quilt and bind done
  • Common Bride top completed and waiting for a quilting decision 
  • Love Entwined no change 
  • Winter Wallhanging no change
  • Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2014 done and on my bed
3.  I'll also look at the list of tops waiting to be quilted and get those scheduled to be done.   I quilted 5 tops this year.  4 are completely done and the 5th needs a bit more quilting in the new year

Photography:

1.  Learn Photoshop.  This has been on the books for several years but never makes much progress.  Part of the issue is I haven't defined what it means for me.  That's a huge program.  I do most editing in Lightroom.  I'd like to understand enough of Photoshop to know how to complete editing what I'm not able to do in Lightroom.  I'd also like to be able to be more comfortable doing collages.  I've been on Lynda.com and picked out the first two courses I want to do.  With my new schedule, I believe that I should be able to complete these within the first quarter.  I'm also considering the course at the college.  I need to look at its schedule.  Starting to make progress.  

2.  Tidy up Lightroom.  This is still a work in progress.  It's a good thing that you can get a long way when you take enough baby steps.   Continuing my baby steps

Daily

1.  Continue walking next year.  I'm over two years of walking every day.  Again this year, I'm OK if I miss one or two days but I don't want to get in the habit of missing days.  The swimming will also continue. I've missed a lot of days this year but keep plugging away.  Will get back to daily 10k steps as soon as I can.  I broke my wrist last week slipping on ice some am Leary of walking far outside at the moment and the mall is crazy 

2.  There are 180 miles left to complete the Bruce Trail.  We haven't talked about whether we'll do another week of hiking or just weekends.  We are waiting to see what the organized club hike for the final section is.    We did do a couple of long weekend hikes in the fall.  Still have 130 miles are so to go

3.  Several years ago I joined the beginners band at church and am now a member of the Young Peoples Band.  I need to be more consistent in practicing.  The plan is to practice daily.   I want to get walk first thing in the morning most days and then practice when I come in.  That should work for weekdays.   Still not daily but more consistent

So the plan for next year will be similar.

Quilting:

1.  Clean and organize quilt room (and office since they are in the same area).

2.  I'm going to continue with the Motivation Monday ideas.  I'm still working on the list I created for 2017.  The goal at the time was to move things forward.  I think that will still be the goal for some things as they are quite large.  The list still includes
  • Canada BOM from Guild 2015/16
  • Stainglass Manger - finish quilting and bind
  • ABC Applique - finish 
  • Common Bride - quilting decision
  • Love Entwined - finish centre and quilt.  
  • Winter Wallhanging
Since this list is getting shorter, I'll add a couple of things to it

  •  Jacobean Applique Quilt - Finish applique
  • Film Strip quilts  - Decide on additional border and complete

3.  I'll also look at the list of tops waiting to be quilted and get those scheduled to be done.  Come late February or March I'll schedule to go complete the stain glass quilt and start scheduling monthly visits again

4.  Complete at least 2 of the 3 challenges I have kits for  The first is due the beginning of February and whether I can make the top is up in the air.  I'll see how the wrist mends and what I can do.

Photography:

1.  Learn Photoshop.  Continue this.  I want to be comfortable using the Lightroom develop module and able to do more detailed edits in photoshop itself.  

2.  Tidy up Lightroom.  This is still a work in progress.  It's a good thing that you can get a long way when you take enough baby steps.

Daily

1.  Continue walking next year.  As soon as I can get back to 10k steps daily The swimming will also continue. 

2.  There are about 130 miles left to complete the Bruce Trail.  We haven't talked about whether we'll do another week of hiking or just weekends.  I'd like to finish section 8 and start 9 this year.  I don't know if we'll get to the end in 2020 or if it will be the next year

3.  Practice.  The baritone and I are doing better.  I was more consistent in practicing in 2019 and need to get even more consistent 2020

Do you have plans for the New Year?

Comments

  1. Walking is a big part of my daily routine, too, and I agree that icy conditions make me the most nervous. I hope your wrist heals quickly. I wish you a lot of joy as you work on your goals in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress is as good a goal as finishing. I like the continuity of your goals from year to year.

    In the last year I changed my fitness routine to alternate cardio and strength days. I rarely do more than one fitness activity in a day, but I should throw in yoga or tai chi every day in addition to the harder workouts.

    Best of luck with all your goals in 2020

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.