October goal: Christmas “A-Z”

A different quilt for my goal this month.  The Common Bride top is completed and I'm still considering how to quilt it.  I found the pictures from the Hamilton show in 2014 and have looked at how that group of ladies each quilted their's and am still debating hand vs machine and what designs.  I'll let that bubble for a bit longer.

This month its back to Christmas "A-Z" which has also been underway for a long time (sometime pre 2012 according to this post).  Blocks A - J are completed except the lettering in A and D and trimming them.  Blocks K to Q need embroidery and P is still in progress.  My goal for October is to complete the applique for P, R and S.  I have the other two blocks traced and the letters are done.  R is Rudolph and S is a stocking.  Both should be easier than P which is plum pudding.  The embroidery will wait until the remaining blocks are done and I'll do all the lettering at once.  Not many blocks have lettering but I do want it to be reasonably consistent so will wait to do them all at the same time.

Blocks so far
Plum Pudding in Progress

Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal for October.  

Comments

  1. Great goal! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.