Christmas Heart Lights

In January 2011, I started working of Christmas Heart Lights by Susie M. Robbins as a $10 quilt class out at Hobby Horse.  The top did get finished that year in time for the reveal as far as I remember -- There aren't many postings about the quilt that year.  In September I took the top to Whirls n Swirls and quilted it.  This time I did it free motion from the front of the machine as I wanted to control the quilting which the usual pantographs wouldn't allow me to do.

  



I quilted five pointed stars in the background and looping lines (to mimic a string of lights) over the tree.  I was pleased with how it turned out.  

When I got home and trimmed the quilt, I opened the storage box to get the binding and yo-yos that I needed to finish it.  No binding and no yo-yos.  What I did find was the pattern, some leftover blocks and some fabric that I could use for binding.  I've looked through the sewing room but haven't been able to find the yo-yos.  So I got out the tool and started cutting squares of red fabric.  Once in the tool, the squares get trimmed to a circle a stitched.  


There are 14 leaves that each wanted 3 red berries. Some how 42 became almost 4 dozen and then became I need to make 48. There 4 left over that are made and one piece of red fabric in the tool trimmed and ready to stitch.  

It took a lot longer than I thought it would to stitch the yo-yos on to the top on Monday -- almost all of the sewing time out with the Monday group.  I did get back to the binding and sleeve but had to finish the binding Monday evening.  

The top is now completed and may become my Christmas Tree this year depending on what plans we make for Christmas.  

Comments