August OMG complete


My goal this month was to finish appliqueing the other 16 triangles required for my Common Bride quilt.  When the first 8 were finished, I added them to the 4 from last month and put them up on the design wall.  



When the last eight were finished, I added the corners to the design wall.



Last week Elaine had a sit and sew day at her house so I took the quilt with me to add the triangles to the centre.   My star blocks turned out slightly small so I knew I'd need to add a small strip to make the triangles fit.  So first I pieced the three triangles for each side border.  They all turned out to be 51 1/4 inches -- I was thrilled with the consistency.  I spent some time making sure I cut the strips correctly and then added the triangles.  They all fit beautifully.  The corner triangle pairs also turned out consistent and fit very nicely.


I'm thrilled with how this top is progressing.  One last border to add and it will be ready to be quilted.  

I also had a visit to the Whirls and Swirls to rent a long arm and quilted my One Block Wonder.  It now has its sleeve, label and binding ready for hand stitching.  




Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal

Comments

  1. This looks amazing! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.