Kindred Hearts Quilt Show 2019

On Saturday I went to the Kindred Hearts Quilt Show in Oshawa with my sister and her friend.  It was a busy show and they had a lot of wonderful quilts.  I liked that they hung similar quilts together as its always fun to see the difference colour and value make to the quilt.

After we left the show, we were discussing what we had seen.  The question was which quilt was your favorite / stood out the most.

This tiny quilt by Jane Souch call the Spirit of Lucy's Bear was one of my favorites.  I love how it blends from the bear to a forest scene.



This pair by Nancy Fitz-Gerald and Helma Rollings were fun to see side by side. They used 2.5 inch strips from a guild exchange to create similar pick up sticks quilts.


I was also drawn to the very colourful quilts this time like these ones:

Chakra Balance by Kleo TobiasSweet Tooth by Shelley Tapp
Best Friends forever by Jane SouchColour Explosion by Jane Souch

I also looked at quilting details and design details. One quilt had borders that transitioned from one colour to another around the quilt. She used a row of squares of alternate colours to look like the border dovetailed together or fit like puzzle pieces. I thought that was very clever. This is For Ehlana, My Angel by Shelley Tapp



The things we learn when we review photos. I hadn't realized that three of the quilts that I was drawn two were made by the same lady and at least two by another lady. I'll need to go back through the photos in more detail to see what other similarities I find. When I take photos at the show, I always get a photo of the label. I try to remember to do label then quilt but this time I started backwards so did the whole show backwards -- quilt then label. It helps if I'm consistent within a show. Well done to the guild. It was a wonderful show.

Comments