November OMG - Binding or piecing

Last month I quilted a guild mystery quilt from 2005/6.  I have material to make the binding but want a bias binding as its a stripe and I like the look of a bias binding for stripes.  The quilt is very bright and the round dots are all clock faces. I think the mystery was designed by Billie Lauder.  The printouts I have don't have the designer name but they are labelled as clue #1,2,3 etc and the components are called Suspects which I think is how Billie's instructions are written. 












This year I've been doing the 365 Challenge quilt. The current lot of dark blocks should be finishing shortly. Then there are a number of lighter blocks. The other choice for a goal this month is to take the dark blocks and start assembling the dark pieces. They cannot be joined to the center of the quilt yet as I'll need the light blocks to make the row tall enough to match with the large corner blocks but getting the 3.5 blocks turned into 6.5 inch blocks and then joined together would be useful.





So now which to choose for my goal for November?  We are quilting two more large quilts next weekend so I'll have at least one more to bind.  I think though, I'll go with getting those little blocks into their rows.  We'll be switching to 6.5 blocks soon for the last month and a half and I know I'll need to stay more current than leaving everything to Wednesday night.  The little blocks will make good enders and leaders and I have some piecing to do for the gravity quilt.  If the binding doesn't get on this month, it may become next months goal.    OMG has moved websites for the next little while and is now being hosted by Patti at Elm Street Quilts. 

By the way, after quilting the mystery quilt, I had planned to try custom quilting a wall hanging but there wasn't enough time left as I had to be heading into Toronto on the subway by 4 to met Karen for dinner and to go to the Symphony. So I met Karen at the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) and we went to see the Chihuly exhibit. WOW! Photography is allowed so I'm going back again later this month with the big camera. I used the phone to get a some pictures. In one room, the glass is all in the ceiling and there are some mats to stretch out on and admire the view. That's my sister stretched out.














If you are in the Toronto area and can get into ROM, the exhibit is well worth a visit.  It runs until Jan 8th, 2017. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for linking up with One Monthly Goal - good luck on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.