Milestones on Two quilts

I finished appliqueing the borders while I was on holidays for All Things Christmas. I didn't get the top together in time for guild this month cause I had a nap that afternoon instead. Seemed more important at the time. The top is now done and the binding is made. There are a number of buttons and bows and other embellishments to add once its quilted.

This years $10 quilt is Bringing Home the Tree. I spent yesterday cutting out the rest of the shapes and they are now finger pressed in place. I've used the iron on the house, the barn, the bridge and the horse/waggon but not on the top itself so its still easy to lift things up and move them around. Next is thread painting and stitching things down. That will take a little while.

I did get the freezer paper templates traced for the next part of Love Entwined but haven't picked fabrics yet. Also found new fabrics for Road to Llano and have re-made the parts that need re-making. I'm almost ready to start sewing the first blocks together. For the guild BOM, I was thinking about red & white but when I was looking for some fabric yesterday I found a box of orphaned squares so now I'm thinking perhaps scrappy and I'll see if I have enough premade half squares of the correct size for the quilt. Lots of choices.

Comments

  1. such lovely quilts! And I love your LE compass too! Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.