Spiders and Chipmunks

I've been wanting a new lens for my camera and finally got what I wanted the other week. These are some of the photos I've taken while playing with it. I've discovered that I've developed some bad holding and standing habits lately for picture taking. The new lens is forcing me to correct those. Its lighter than the old lens but more off balance at full zoom. This is Chippie. I'm not sure he really approves of Mom & Dad's new deck as he lost a bolt hole when we put in a support post. He has discovered a new way under the deck for the time being but I suspect he'll lose that before Dad is finished.
This is the iris bed at the bottom of my yard. A few days earlier I'd cut off the dead flower stocks. Came back to find the snail in the hole.
The spiders and chipmunks at Mom & Dad's have been busy. This is one of the sunflowers that the chipmunk planted in the herb box. The spider got a start on a web. They've built lots of webs in trees, flowers and on the clothes line.
I sure hope the spider that did this had lots of Friends helping!

Comments