Q2 Check in

Yvonne at QuiltingJetGirl has a check in for our progress on Q2 and plans for the rest of the year.  

Q2 did not go quite as planned.  In the process of allowing myself time and space to deal with a major life event, some things got set aside.  Some of them will get picked up again but probably not until later in the fall.

Quilting

This year I want to finish quilt tops for 

1. Butterfly quilt - I started to stitch together the blocks I had cut out earlier in the year.  Its been slow progress as there seems to have been some cutting errors - or maybe my piecing on a different machine isn't as accurate as it could be.  Need to check that as well.

2. Labyrinth - Done Q1

3. Rainbow Quilt - Still only some blocks stitched together.  This will probably end up waiting until the fall.

4. Love Entwined applique (centre block only) - no progress.

Cherrywood challenge quilt - I didn't get this completed and submitted.  I have most components done and had started to assemble the quilt but family took precedence.  I do want to complete this as I like my design.  I'll come back to it in the fall as well.

Photography

Lightroom cleanup continues. I'm still part way through 2015 - reviewing photos from a big trip There's 5.5 months of photos left to clean up.  I've been trying to keep this years photos tidied as I go.  I'm a bit behind but that too will get dealt with.

Digital Art.  

I continued to create 3 pieces almost every day.  I missed  here and there since mid-May.  Since December 1, 2022, there have been about 600 pieces created.  Some I've shared or plan to share.  Some were good learning experiments.  Some may become backgrounds for other pieces.  While I often revert to the things I know well, I still pause to experiment with new things on some of them.  That has been useful. 

I've submitted pieces to Light, Space, Time for two of their shows this quarter.  For the May show, my piece placed 11th overall and 4th in my category.  The second show opens July 5 so is technically Q3.  One of my pieces received an Honourable Mention.  

I also submitted three pieces to Arts on the Credit online show Art Squared.  The gallery is here    

I have a couple of other calls that I want to enter in Q3 so that is going well.  Some of this is making me update my portfolio site.  It still needs some work but some updates did get completed.  

Comments

  1. Family is so important. I'm sorry that life threw you an unexpected plot twist, and I hope that your quilts and photography are a balm when you have time for them. May your life even out and Q3 be much smoother!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.