Goals for 2023

 Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl is a hosting an annual planning party again. 

2022

There haven't been a lot of changes since my mid-year update.  My focus changed a bit in the second half of the year.  I started the butterfly quilt and have continued making some triple four patch blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge.  

I have an opportunity each month to get feedback on some of my digital art work.  The consistent feedback is the extractions (Selections) and some lighting.  In one piece, I done some lighting but the critique showed much more dramatic lighting which I really liked so I'm working on not being quite so timid with some of the lighting.

I made good progress this year sorting out Lightroom.  During the Lightroom virtual summit this fall, I watched a session on cleaning up Lightroom.  Something he said triggered an idea and I was able to cleanup all the duplicate photos from my phone that had imported with different names into different folders.  I've signed up for his Cleaning up your mess in Lightroom workshop in January to see what other ideas he might trigger or have that I can add to my process.  

2023

Quilting

This year I want to quilt tops for 

1. Butterfly quilt

2. Labyrinth quilt.

3. Rainbow Triple Four Patch



4. Love Entwined applique (I'm just doing the centre of this quilt).



I ordered a Cherrywood kit again this year and so will make a monarch quilt.  

Photography  

Lightroom cleanup continues. I'm part way through 2015 and would like to get 2016 and 2017 done as well.  Actually I'd like to get all of it done but I'm not sure that is a practical for the year.  Anything more than the 2.5 years will be a bonus.

Digital Art.  One of the suggestions in an ongoing workshop is 3 quick pieces everyday.  They don't need to be polished - just go in an play.  I created over 370 pieces of these quick plays in 2022.  I'd like to continue the 3 a day next year.  I'll go month by month setting my goal.  For January, my goal is every day.  I did create 3 a day in December.  I need to continue working on selections and lighting.  I'm also working on my portfolio site and need to get that up to date and complete some additional setups.  








Comments

  1. I hope that you have a lot of fun working on the quilts this year and that these goals are helpful guideposts for you to refer to throughout the year. All the best to you in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne. All the best to you this year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.