November Quilting Goals

How did it get to be November already?!?

I forgot to do a blogpost last week about what got done in October.  I did get some applique done on the moondance quilt.


I'm slowly building the quilt up.  As a block gets all the applique I can do entirely on that block, it gets stitched to its neighbour.  There are pieces pinned to the block - those are the pieces that need to go over a seam.  I could stitch a couple more seams in that bottom row.  The goal is to work with as small a background area as I can.  I don't want to have to deal with the entire quilt top as I stitch down the flowers and dragon flies.  This month I'll continue to stitch down shapes.  I'd like to get the row I'm currently working on into its 3 four patches and a two patch at the end of the row.  Then I think there is one more set of 4 patches before I start assembling larger four patches.  

I went out to Whirls n Swirls last week and quilted my Northern Lights quilt.  It was the Saturday Morning quilt at Sew Sisters back in 2014.  The pattern is by Marti Michell.  Elaine Theriault taught the class. I noticed when I was looking at the post, I'd told someone I wanted it quilted soon and onto my bed.  I guess 7 years must be soon?  Here it is on the long arm.  I used a panto called Paisley Park which is the same one I used for the Long Time Gone quilt recently.  I think its my new favorite.  I'm working on stitching the binding on the quilt now.  One side is done and two corners.  It will take a few more days of stitching.





I head back to the studio near the end of the month to quilt something else.  On the shop hop last week I bought backings for three quilts - the Optical Illusion quilt, the Canada 150 and an old mystery.  All the backings are washed and one backing is made.  I need to decide which quilt is coming with me at the end of the month.  

So my goal for this month is to get more applique done.  Really to finish what I can in the small blocks I have going so I can make the other big blocks for that row.  Also to finish the binding for this quilt and to pick which of the three is going to be quilted.  

I was so happy to see that Cherrywood Fabrics posted a facebook live video of all the quilts in the Diana collection from Houston.  My quilt (a labyrinth) shows up about 27 minutes into the 32 minute video.  It was fun to see all the quilts together. Perhaps they will add a quilt show with my trunk closer to home.  I think the closest one at the moment is a 10 hour drive away at the end of April.  My graffiti kit is ordered and is coming mid month.  I need to spend some time figuring out the design for it.  I have a glimmer of an idea but need to flesh it out. 

Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal What are your quilting goals for this month?  


 

Comments

  1. Love the progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful quilts! I like the idea of sewing blocks together as you go and it's an especially great idea to pin pieces for a border seam to the block. Best wishes for success with you goals this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be great to get your quilt on your bed after 7 years. Doesn't time fly?.... Good luck with your next quilting projects. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.