August Quilting Goals

 I forgot to come back and post about July.  I did get the courthouse steps top quilted and bound.  Its quilted using a pantograph called Kiss.  I've used it several times in the past and really like it.  I thought familiar motions would be useful the first time using the long arm since October 2019.  I had planned to donate the quilt and still need to follow up to see if they still want it.  I did most of the hand stitching on the binding while on zoom calls.  It was nice to have the computer table support the quilt instead of my lap since the days I worked on it were warm ones.



Yesterday I took my Longtime Gone quilt to the longarm studio and quilted it.  I had thought about using Kiss again (I really do like that pantogram) but then Tracey showed me another called Paisley Park which has a similar feel but is a bit denser and would be good with all the small pieces in Longtime Gone.  I'm so happy she showed me that one.  We looked at a couple of others as well but I went with Paisley Park and am thrilled with how it turned out.  It took a bit longer to stitch out but it was well worth the time and effort.  During Monday Sewing, I'll trim the quilt and add the binding -- unless I get to it later today.  





For Moon Dance last month, I got the centre stars for all 43 flowers traced and 6 sets of petals.  Not as much as I wanted.  On Thursday afternoon, I traced more petals and now have 30 sets of petals done.  I have the material picked out for the other 13 sets then I need 43 sets of leaves.  I'd like to get all these traced this month.  

linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal.  Do you have quilting goals for August?

Comments

  1. The blue and white quilt is gorgeous! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.