2016 Review

At the end of 2015, I posted a list of goals for my quilting and photography for 2016.  The list for 2017 is here.

Quilting:

I started 5 new projects last year and finished one of them completely.  Six of my quilts (5 old ones) got completed as well so the Spreadsheet ended up with 52 items to complete.

1.  Use the prepurchased hours and finish tops.
     I quilted 5 of my tops and 3 of Mom's at the quilt studio.  There was also one of Mom's tops that I finished hand quilting.  With the small quilt I started and finished at home, there were 10 quilts completed last year which I think is a record for me.



2.  The 365 Challenge quilt 
  This went really well.  For the most part I stayed up to date although by December I was getting tired and fell behind.  Still by New Years Eve, all the blocks except one corner block were made.  The top was assembled except the last border.  About 10pm, there were still 7 pages of instructions to work through for the last block and I decided to leave it to the next day.  So on New Years Day, the corner block was finished and the last border added.

State at end of 2016


3.  Get applique back in my purse
  Love Entwined followed me around for a while and I did make progress on it.  It still needs for corner vases of flowers at which point I'll probably call it complete.  The Christmas quilt got checked out but no work was done there.



4.  Finish the two guild workshop quilts from last year -- the thread painting sampler and the rug
   The Threadpainting sampler is still folded up on the table waiting for attention.  The rug is also waiting to be quilted, washed and faced. 

5.  Finish the one block wonder quilt
  This didnt get finished but I did get the rest of the blocks made and sorted.  Its ready to be arranged on the design wall.




6.  Make progress on the Common Bride quilt.  Finish the stars
  No Progress

7.  Fix borders on the two outreach quilts and complete the other top I've brought home.
  This did get finished and turned in.  I picked up a bag of 6" squares that I'm working on.

Photography

1. I completed all three parts of Ricky Tim's Photography class.  It was a good class and I had fun taking lots of pictures.  I did post pictures to the class room most weeks.  I think there were two I missed.   

2.  Organize the photos I already have.
  I did make progress here and have a method in place to help me figure out what I've looked at and what I haven't.  I use lightroom to assign a colour tag to all photos.  As I review that month, the tag gets removed from the photos I choose to keep.  

All in all lots of progress made.  Looking forward to more progress this year.


Comments